Privacy is becoming scarce on the online platform these days. The majority of applications and websites have been collecting your personal information and even location once you log in.
Most of these appliances will require the user to request them not to collect their data. But even with the limitation by the user, back-ground activity still runs, and this way, the system can observe your browsing behavior.
So how can you protect your personal information and prevent the third party from accessing your information without your knowledge?
Well, the solution is opting out of these people search sites. The following procedures for different websites can be followed to opt-out and erase your information.
There are several people search sites, and Radaris is one of them. However, opt-out request for Radaris is relatively easy and a straightforward process. Here is the process:
- You will first have to input your last and first name, your state, and the city where there is a search form on the site.
- A results page will pop up after where there will be profiles close to yours. Choose the profile that matches all your details.
- Now while on the profile page, scroll down and click on ‘Control Info’ from a drop-down menu that appears on the Background Check & Contact Info.
- You can then create an account if you don’t have one or log in if you already have an account.
- After doing that, then you can delete some records or remove the entire data.
To keep away your information from the public you have to:
- Confirm that your real name is what is on the profile name and account.
- Key in your phone number to be sent a verification code.
- Key in the code sent to make the online profile private.
Spokeo is known to outsource publicly available information from other sources online. This is how you can opt-out of the site:
- Search for your details on the platform and then copy the URL that leads directly to your information.
- Navigate to Spokeo opt-out page and then paste the copied URL to the text box that appears.
- In the second text box, you should enter an email address. The email address is asked for so that you can receive a confirmation link from the same.
- After all, that is done, then click on the button ‘Remove this Listing.’
It is one of the famous people search sites that give out your personal information to third parties. An opt-out request on this platform could be somehow complex, but here is the process:
- Navigate to the site and search for your information. After you have found your profile, you can then copy the URL.
- Find the opt-out page for White Pages.
- Paste the copied URL to your listing and then tap on ‘opt-out.’
- Verify if it is the exact record you want to be erased from the site and then choose ‘Remove me.’ Select the reason why you want your information removed on the next screen.
- The next step is inputting your phone number, where you should receive an automated call.
- Wait for the verification call and follow what you will be asked to do. You need to have the confirmation code for the removal request to be approved.
Erasing your data on Intelius is not complicated.
- First, navigate to the opt-out page for Intelius.
- Key in your personal information and then perform a search.
- After you have found your record, you will click on ‘Select & Continue’ that is usually next to the information you want to remove.
- Key in your email address and fill in the form.
- Go to the email address and open the confirmation email. Click the link sent.
- After that, Intelius will erase your personal information from the site.
In as much as these sites have privacy laws, your personal information is never safe as other people can easily access it. So, opting-out from the site could be an ideal option.
- Navigate to the opt-out page.
- Key in your data and perform a search.
- Select the information you want to be erased from the site.
- Type in the email address you used and complete the displayed form.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your email address, and all you do is click on the link provided. After that, your data should be removed in 72 hours from the site.
It is another site that gives out your data without consent. Here is how you can opt-out of MyLife:
- Search for the listing that bears your information then claim your name.
- With this site, you can change the data that appears on the public profile, but deleting it means you first have to pay for a subscription.
- So, by subscribing to the service for $5.95 every month, you can be able to delete the information on your public profile.
They have a 7-day trial in case you want to access the information the site has about you, but you can cancel the free trial. To cancel the trial, you will have to call their customer care to be assisted.
The opt-out request for this site is also something similar and straightforward. Ensure you follow this process to remove your personal information from the website:
- Navigate to the site and key in your names, state, and the city you come from. Click on ‘search’ to perform a search on that information.
- Locate the matching profiles to the information you typed.
- Click on ‘View detail’ to copy the URL leading to that data page.
- Go to the opt-out page and paste the URL. Key in your email address and resolve the captcha to prove you are not a robot. Then tap on ‘Send request.’
- You will be sent an email address that has a confirmation link to opt-out.
- After clicking on the link, you will be taken to a page, your information will be removed in around 48 hours.
An opt-out request for the people smart is very simple. Follow this process and your information will no longer appear on the site:
- Head on to the opt-out page and search for your details using your last and first name.
- After you have found your listing you can tap on the arrow that appears to the right. This is at the box where your listing appears.
- Key in your email address where you will be sent the confirmation email. Make sure you perform the CAPTCHA.
- Wait for the confirmation email and at the bottom part of the mail click on ‘verify opt-out.’
- After clicking you will be sent back to the website. The last confirmation email will also be sent to confirm that you have opted out of the site.
TruthFinder is another site that posts your personal information publicly even though there are some privacy laws. You will have to fill an opt-out form for your listing to be removed:
- Navigate to the opt-out page for TruthFinder.
- Perform a search for your listing and tap on ‘remove this record.’
- Input your email address and then finish up the CAPTCHA part.
- Your verification email will be sent to you and in 48 hours the listing will be removed.
Your personal information is all over the internet. It is crucial that you opt-out of these sites to avoid giving your vital information to scammers and fraudsters. Use the processes described above to opt-out.